Last Updated on February 17, 2022
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Stove Paints
- JENOLITE Directorust (Editor’s Choice)
- Stovax Thermolac Brush On (Luxury Choice)
- Rustins HRMB250 (Best Value)
- Rust-Oleum AE0020001E8
- Everbuild Heat Resistant 125ml
- STOVAX Thermolac Matt Black
- Polar Matt Black BBQ Spray
- Rustoleum 400ml Black
- Fascinating Finishes Matt Black
- Rapide Heat Resistant Matt Black 400ml
When renovating or wanting some sort of change, we also tend to give our kitchen ranges a new colour. Moreover, the stainless-steel kitchen range happens to look a bit old with stains and other damage, which is not appealing to the eyes. For this purpose, stove paints come in handy, which gives your kitchen range a brand-new look. So, if you want to redecorate or cover up any damage, these stove paints are all you need.
Stove paints are specially designed to withstand high temperatures and prevent any damage that may occur to your kitchen rage due to these high temperatures.
They provide high quality along with the finest coating and are also available in many different colours. If you want to re-paint your stove or if it is looking a little worse for wear, fear not. We have hand-picked the best stove paint and nine other suitable choices for your benefit below!
How we Compared Stove Paints
To find the right stove paints we considered multiple factors, including:
- Rust protection
- Ease of application
Our team independently examined and compared hundreds of products to help satisfy different needs. We spent our time researching stove paints and consulting customer reviews to ultimately bring you what, in our opinion, are the best options on the market right now.
To find out more about our editorial process, take a look here.
Stove Paint Reviews – Top 10 Picks
Our top pick for best stove paint is the JENOLITE Directorust BBQ & Stove Paint. This is an aerosol paint and provides a fantastic matt black finish. We like that you can comfortably use this stove paint on multiple items, including stoves, BBQs, and even automotive applications.
It should also help prevent rust and improve the durability of your stove due to its corrosion-resistant properties. This also makes it suitable for use with outdoor stoves or wood burners.
The paint comes in a simple 400ml aerosol can with a traditional spray lid. The only downside is that you may need more paint than expected to cover your entire stove.
- Should leave a smooth matt black finish for your stove
- Can withstand temperatures of up to 650 degrees Celsius
- The paint is also corrosion resistant
- Suitable for use on stoves, BBQs, chimineas, and automotive applications
- A simple spray can design with easy to use the nozzle
- It may need more spray paint than expected to cover a stove
- Some customers have reported defective cans
Perhaps you prefer a traditional brush-on paint as opposed to spray paint? Traditional brush-on colour generally results in less mess, and there are not as many fumes from the application.
The Stovax Themolac Brush-On Stove Paint is one of the best options available. It is available in a 200ml tin and has a simple metal lid that can be prised off using something like a knife or pliers.
The paint itself is of excellent quality and provides a robust matt black finish to return your stove to its original glory. It is also heat resistant and should not degrade or fade easily.
- Suitable for use on all types of cast products
- Brush-on-paint with a simple application
- The paint is also highly heat-resistant
- It comes in a decent-sized 200ml tin
- It takes approximately 1.5 hours to dry
- Some customers have reported burst-open paint tins on delivery
- You could find that this paint can dry streaky
Oftentimes an issue with stove paint is that it takes longer to dry. This should not be an issue with the Rustins HRMB250 stove paint. It is water-based and, as a result, has a much quicker drying time than oil-based paints. It should dry to touch in less than 20 minutes.
This matt black paint is also heat-resistant up to temperatures of 220-degrees Celsius. This is not as high as some other paints, and as a result, it may not be amazing for direct contact with flames. However, it is suitable for stoves and for use on both metal and wood surfaces.
- Water-based paint for quicker drying
- Heat-resistant up to 220-degrees Celsius
- Suitable for use on metal and wood
- Simple instructions are written on the paint tin
- Brush-on paint
- Make sure you double-check the description to buy the correct paint type
- It may not be fantastic for direct contact with flames
Having stove paint that is suitable for both interior and exterior use is a great benefit. This means that you could use it for an outdoor log burner or for a traditional indoor stove. The Rust-Oleum AE0020001E8 is one such type of spray paint.
It is corrosion-resistant and also provides a durable layer of protection to your stove. We also like that it can resist heat up to temperatures of 650-degrees Celsius, which is far higher than many other stove paints. The paint comes in a simple spray can and is easy to apply – simply give it a thorough shake before use.
- Should retain colour and finish for temperatures of up to 650-degrees Celsius
- It also provides rust and corrosion protection
- Suitable for both interior and exterior use
- It comes in a simple 400ml spray can
- Provides a smooth matt black finish
- Not suitable for areas that are directly exposed to flames
- Some may find the paint quite thin
Not all stoves are large, and a small tin of 125ml brush-on paint could be more than enough. This makes the Everbuild Heat Resistant Stove Paint a good option. However, if you do need more, it is also available in a 400ml tin that is not much more expensive.
The paint and tin are both heat-resistant, and if you paint carefully, it can provide an even coating of quality matt black paint. For application, it is suitable for use on chimneys, stoves, fireplaces, grates, and even for industrial use.
One coat is enough to cover the metal surface when applying this paint. However, to ensure proper coverage, we advise two even coats. The 125ml paint tin is better-suited for simple touch-up jobs, whilst the 400ml tin is suitable for entire re-coatings.
- Available in either 125ml or 400ml tins
- Fully heat resistant for use on stoves and chimeneas
- Resistant up to temperatures of 600-degrees Celsius
- Suitable for use on domestic stoves, chimneys, and furnaces
- It can be applied in either a single or double coat
- Some may struggle to apply the paint evenly
- The smaller tin may not cover an entire stove
Some stove paints are not suitable for use on stove interiors. This is not the case with the STOVAX Thermolac matt black paint. It is heat-resistant up to 800-degrees Celsius or 1470-degrees Fahrenheit, which makes it incredibly durable.
Also, it comes in a large 400ml spray can that is easy to apply. It is suitable for use on many different indoor and outdoor objects, including stoves, wood burners, fires, log burners, and grates. You can also use it for BBQs and even car exhausts.
For application, it may require two coats to cover completely. As a result, you may find that you need multiple cans to re-paint your entire stove.
- Ideal for use on wood burners, stoves, fires, grates, and log burners
- Heat-resistant up to 1470-degrees Fahrenheit or 800-degrees Celsius
- It comes in a large 400ml spray can
- Easy to apply due to the simple spray nozzle
- Provides a smooth matt black finish
- You may find that you need multiple cans to cover an entire stove
- Eventually, the paint may fade
The Polar Matt Black BBQ & Stove Spray paint offers great value for money as you get 2x 400ml cans for a reasonable price. You can easily cover an entire stove or chiminea using these two cans. However, please bear in mind that you will more than likely need two coats.
The paint offers numerous protection, including rust protection and corrosion protection. It is also highly heat resistant up to temperatures of 650-degrees Celsius.
We also like that this Polar paint can be used for both interior and exterior products. Also, it offers superb adhesion to different surfaces, including brick, bare steel, plaster, and concrete. Lastly, it has a quick-drying formula that should dry in 20 minutes or less.
- Provides additional rust protection for your stove
- Available in both matt black and matt silver finishes
- Multi-purpose use, designed for BBQs, stoves, chimineas and more
- Suitable for both interior and exterior use
- Should dry to touch in 20 minutes or less depending on application
- You may find the paint a little patchy
- It may not provide the best coverage for a single coat
The Rustoleum 400ml Stove & BBQ Paint is another great product, and in this package, you get 2x spray cans with 400ml of paint each. This should be more than enough to give your stove a re-touch, or indeed to re-paint it completely.
The paint is smooth and provides a matt black finish. It is also rust-resistant and gives your stove extra protection from the elements and heat. We also like the simple spray can application and the coverage it provides. The only downside is that it can leave a strong chemical smell after use that can linger.
- It comes in a sizable 400ml spray can
- Provides a smooth and even finish
- Rust-resistant and heat resistant
- Should dry relatively quickly depending on the thickness of application
- Easy to use and apply after shaking
- Not suitable for indoor use due to the strong smell
- The strong chemical smell may linger after application
The matt black heat resistant stove paint has the capacity to resist temperatures up to 650oC, which as a matter of fact, is six times the boiling point of water. You can imagine how hot that may be. It is manufactured to be used on all sorts of wood-burning stoves along with fire grates and similar areas. In addition to this, this product leaves a premium matte black finish which gives your kitchen stove or similar areas an appealing look to the eye.
Furthermore, the appliance of this paint is very easy, and it does not make you wait long. Just a time duration of 60 minutes, and your stove is all ready to use with a new and neat look to it. You can also leave it for a much longer time to ensure that the paint has dried. The 150ml tin can approximately cover an area of 10 or even 12 square feet. Before application, make sure the area on which you wish to use this paint is clean, as well as the brushes or tools you may be using. Dirty surfaces or tools might affect the final outcome. Be careful, though, if painting a stove fan; the paint could cause it to stop spinning or working properly.
- High heat resistance
- Premium finish
- Free shipping
- Easy application
- May leave a very strong odour after application
- May not withstand extreme temperatures
This heat resistant matte paint can resist heat temperatures up to 600oC, which is quite a lot of heat. This product is different from the other because it does not require any additional tools for its application. You can easily apply this stove paint to your required area simply by spraying it on top with a distance of at least 8 cm.
This product gives you a neat finish with a super matte black colour. In addition to this, the company assures you that it will not produce any blisters or could get pealed off. Furthermore, you will not get any issues regarding the colour fade.
You can use this product for exhaust manifolds, engines, wood stoves or any other similar surfaces.
- No blisters
- High-temperature resistance
- Easy appliance
- Excellent coverage
- You may find that the spray cans come in a damaged box
- Some customers have reported receiving cracked spray can lids
Having a supply of stove paint is a great thing to have for your DIY work. You can use most stove paint like the different products listed above for various applications: for stoves, BBQs, chimineas, and log burners. Over time, the materials of these items naturally degrade from constant heat exposure. However, with the best stove paint, you can easily breathe life into them and make them look as good as new.
Although these ten products make a good option, our top pick is the JENOLITE Directorust BBQ & Stove Aerosol Paint. It has a smooth, matt black finish and is heat-resistant up to 650-degrees Celsius. This is perfect for use with indoor or outdoor stoves. It also offers corrosion protection and comes in an ample 400ml spray can that is easy to use.
- Best Vacuum Sealer
- Best Warming Drawer
- Best Induction Hob Kettle
- Best Energy Efficient Kettle
- Best Hot Water Dispenser
Nicole has a passion for everything about the home – especially decor. She loves to add new touches and style to every part of the house. Join her as she documents her ideas at Home & Style.