Last Updated on February 15, 2022
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 9 Best Chimineas
- Log-Barn Black Steel Firepit (Editor’s Choice)
- Rustic Outdoor Fireplace (Luxury Choice)
- Fire Vida Steel (Best Value)
- La Hacienda 56063B (Best with Grill)
- Deuba Gardebruk Terrace (Best Cast-Iron)
- Panama LA HACIENDA (Best Portable)
- La Hacienda Leon 56156 (Best for Patios and Gardens)
- LIVIVO Patio Heater (Best Contemporary)
- La Hacienda Monterrey (Best Steel)
Do you love spending time outside in your backyard, patio, or garden? If yes, finding the best chiminea for you and your family would be ideal for enjoying and staying cosy on cooler evenings.
That being said, it’s worth noting that chimineas have been used over the years to cook food and keep people warm at the same time.
However, traditionally crafted chimineas have evolved over the years and are now available in different materials and different attractive modern designs.
A chiminea is a perfect addition for any outdoor setting, whether it comes in an embossed floral design or a modern design. You can use this outdoor equipment to create a beautiful fiery centrepiece for either entertaining or BBQing with your friends and family.
However, when shopping for one, you are bound to come across various options, and making a decision can be pretty challenging. But we have done all the research for you and compiled a list of the ten most popular chimineas in the UK. Read on!
How We Compared Chimineas
To find the right chimineas we considered multiple factors including:
- Fuel Type
Our team independently examined and compared hundreds of products to help satisfy different needs. We spent our time researching chimineas and consulting customer reviews to ultimately bring you what, in our opinion, are the best options on the market right now.
To find out more about our editorial process, take a look here.
Are you in the market for the best modern chiminea UK stores have to offer? If yes, then the Log-Barn Black Steel Firepit is an excellent choice. Not only can this chiminea be used to complement your garden all year round. But also it kicks out a good amount of heat for you and your family or friends to enjoy on an autumn evening.
The Log-Barn Black Steel Firepit chiminea boasts of a poker that helps one move the logs around once they have burnt down. Moreover, another great addition to this chiminea is that it comes with a flue pipe. You can use the flue pipe and the flame from this outdoor equipment to roast marshmallows.
That said, keep in mind that this chiminea comes with a clear instructional manual and the essential installation tools.
- Easy to assemble
- It’s easy to move around when cool
- A weatherproof cover is included
- It can be used to roast marshmallows
- The instruction booklet is easy to read
- Some users may find the fire pit to be relatively small
- The black coating may peel off after some time of use
- Its lack of a mesh door may not sit well with some users
If you are looking for an outdoor cooking pit that will allow you to enjoy your favourite BBQ food while soaking up the cool evening breeze, then the Rustic Outdoor Fireplace is a great choice.
This chiminea comes with a BBQ tool that allows one to prepare different BBQ recipes effortlessly. Moreover, this distinctive chiminea boasts an adjustable cast iron grill for cooking.
The Rustic Outdoor Fireplace also comes with black heat-resistant paint and an elegant antique finish. A food-safe spark guard mesh, a large screen door that gives one easy access to the cooking grill. It also features a removable ashtray for effortless cleaning.
- It comes with a removable fire ash grid for easy cleaning
- A steel fire poker is included for use on a non-flammable surface
- It offers an extra-wide screen door for optimum viewing
- Features a black heat resistant paint
- It has three adjustable cast iron swing-out grill positions
- Its lack of a cover may not sit well with some users
- Rust might be experienced over time if unprotected
- You may require an oven tray to slow down the cooking process
Robust and durable are words that best describe the Fire Vida Steel. This wood-burning chiminea boasts a stylish modern design that makes it ideal for any garden patio or terrace. That said, please note that it’s not only good-looking, but it also creates warmth easily and also it’s easy to use even for novice users.
The Fire Vida Steel comes with a rain cap lid that keeps rainwater out of the chimney pipe. A spark guard that ensures safety while sitting around the fire. And a handy poker that allows you to safely open the chiminea’s door and access the fire pit easily.
- Features a garden brazier with charcoal grate for simple lighting
- It comes with a rain lid for outdoor protection
- Includes a spark guard for additional safety
- It has a handy poker for opening the oven door safely
- This chiminea can be used to keep the guests warm
- This chiminea might not be suitable for bbq grill
- Some users may find the steel chiminea to be relatively small
- This chiminea might be prone to rust after some time
If you’re looking for the best chiminea with a cooking grill, then the La Hacienda Murcia is excellent. This medium-sized chiminea is ideal for wood-fired BBQing and entertaining friends and family.
The La Hacienda Murcia chimenea is made of steel with a mesh door for a radiant glow. Moreover, it’s ideal for giving out good heat, and it comes with excellent spark protection. Additionally, it boasts of a chrome-plated BBQ grill, a rain lid, safety tool and a log grate.
On the flip side, some users may find assembling this steel chiminea to be quite challenging. Moreover, removing ash from this chiminea can be pretty challenging since it lacks an ash box.
- Features a black heat resistant paint
- It comes with a rain lid
- This steel chiminea has a removable chrome-plated grill
- It can also be used to prepare BBQ meals
- It comes with an excellent spark protection
- This bbq chiminea might be prone to rust over time
- Its lack of an ash box may not sit well with some users
- This chiminea might not be suitable for burning logs
When it comes to cast iron chimineas, the Deuba Gardebruk Terrace is our favourite cast iron chiminea. It boasts a big fire bowl and a cool rustic design, making it an ideal focal point for your backyard or garden. This solid cast iron chiminea keeps the fire burning thanks to its large mesh-covered front area, which also allows you to see when you need to refuel your chiminea effortlessly.
The Deuba Gardebruk Terrace chiminea also features a separate ash compartment that makes cleaning it a breeze. Its wooden hook handle also makes installing and removing the BBQ grill easy. So if you’re looking for the best-cast iron chiminea, then the Deuba Gardebruk Terrace is an ideal choice.
- Features an innovative solid cast iron design
- This patio heater is ideal for cooler evenings
- It comes with an ashtray and air supply regulator
- Includes a lattice door that prevents flying sparks
- This cast iron chiminea has a removable grill rack
- Some users might find the hinge doors to be of poor quality
- The aspects of the door might not fit the latch
- Some users might find the assembly instructions to be quite vague
Next on our list of the best chiminea in the UK is the Panama LA HACIENDA. This traditionally styled chiminea boasts a steel body and cast chrome-iron legs. With the ability to withstand the test of time, this chiminea can be used all year round in any garden, patio or backyard.
The Panama LA HACIENDA comes in a small and portable design that allows you to move it around the garden until you find the perfect spot for your fireplace. This traditionally styled steel chiminea features a simple metal tool, rain lid, and a meshed protective door.
On the flip side, this small-sized chiminea may not sit well with persons with large backyards, gardens or patios.
- Features a durable steel construction
- It comes with an attractive Pewter effect for use in very high temperatures
- This garden chiminea is small and portable to use
- It’s ideal for all styles of patios and gardens
- It has a protective mesh door
- Its lack of an air vent may not sit well with some users
- Some users might find this patio heater to be relatively small
- The lack of wood storage may not sit well with some users.
The La Hacienda Leon Mesh Steel 56156 is one of the best steel chimineas UK stores offer. Constructed with durable steel and finished in an appealing bronze effect, this chiminea is suitable for styles of garden leisure areas and patios.
This small chiminea can also easily be moved from one corner of the garden to another. The La Hacienda Leon Mesh Steel 56156 features a full mesh body with a 360-degree angle view, decorative patterns on the flue and a rain lid.
On the flip side, despite this steel chiminea having a rain lid, it might not be fully weatherproof. Also, the La Hacienda Leon Mesh Steel 56156 might not withstand the test of time.
- Features a durable steel construction
- It has an attractive bronze effect finish
- This garden chiminea is small and portable to use
- A mesh door is included
- It comes with a rain lid for outdoor space use
- This chiminea might not be weatherproof
- Some users might find this steel chiminea to be too light
- The flimsy metal buckles might not withstand the test of time
Are you looking to add an elegant rustic detail to your garden leisure area? If yes, then the LIVIVO Patio Heater is an outstanding choice. This contemporary chiminea with rust resistance and weatherproof steel walls has a large viewing window for wide light viewing angles and heat output.
This steel chiminea features a built-in log store with durable metal construction that can hold extra volumes of other logs, firewood, charcoal, or other solid fuels. It’s also portable, friendly and easy to clean. Furthermore, it also features a heavy-duty metal poker iron and a raised log grate that allows one to elevate your preferred fuel for better airflow.
- Features a large viewing window for wide heat output
- It comes with weatherproof and rust-resistant steel walls
- It’s portable and easy to clean
- It has a wooden storage compartment
- It offers a great focal point with a chimney outlet
- Its lack of a hinged door may not sit well with some users
- This chiminea might be prone to rust
- The wood storage may catch small fires during intense heat
When it comes to the best chiminea reviews, La Hacienda Monterrey takes a seat at the table. This large chiminea with a steel and cast iron construction will make a great addition to your huge garden. With a steel body and cast-iron legs, this steel chiminea used solid fuel. Also, it features a steel log grate and mesh door, safety tool and rain lid.
On the flip side, this chiminea falls short when it comes to rust resistance. Also, its lightweight nature may not sit well with some users.
- Features cast iron legs for durability
- A steel log grate is included
- Ideal for modern gardens
- This chiminea has a fireguard and rain lid for garden leisure
- Has fabricated body with painted steel for lightness
- Some users might find this bbq chiminea to be poor quality
- This chiminea might be prone to rust over time
- Some users may find this chimney to be too lightweight
What to Look For When Buying a Chiminea
Here are some of the essential factors you should consider when buying the best chiminea UK stores have to offer.
When shopping for a chiminea, it’s always essential to consider its construction. Some chimineas are mostly constructed with metal or clay, while others have a cast-iron build. It’s worth mentioning that clay is one of the most popular materials used compared to steel and cast iron.
If you’re in the market for modern-looking patio heaters, then it’s best to settle for one built using metal. This type of chimineas are usually available in different designs and styles, so you can easily find one that complements your garden.
Chimineas made of metal are much more resilient and hardwearing compared to their counterparts. It’s worth noting that metal chiminea is less likely to crack or chip even if they are toppled or knocked over.
That being said, it’s worth mentioning that metal chimineas tend to get extremely hot when in use. Moreover, they are prone to rust if not protected well.
Also, the heat resistant coat on metal chimineas can easily bake off if the appliance is used often. But note that the baking off of the heat resistant paint depends on the quality and model of your unit.
Clay-built chimineas are bound to make your patio or garden an elegant addition. Not only do they boast attractive curved designs. But also have rustic heat resistant paint patterns that can be used as a centrepiece for your backyard or outdoors.
Moreover, the outer walls of a clay chiminea are less likely to get too hot to cause any nasty burn if you accidentally come into contact with it.
On the flip side, they tend to be more fragile and require regular maintenance compared to metal chimineas. Also, it would be best if you treated it with sealants from time to time to protect it against harsh weather elements. Such chimineas include the hacienda arlington clay chiminea.
That said, keep in mind that clay-based chimineas should be used to burn wood. It’s not advisable to burn charcoal or coal since these fuels tend to create a very high temperature that may damage the chimineas structure. Furthermore, they are heavy and difficult to move around in your garden or patio.
Robust and long-lasting are terms that best describe cast iron chimineas. They are less prone to being fragile but heavy. However, cast iron chimineas require a regular maintenance schedule since they are more prone to rust when exposed outdoors.
Cast Aluminium Chimineas
Versatility is the word that best describes Cast aluminium chimineas. These Chimineas boast a rust-resistant feature that makes their deck remain stain free.
Moreover, they are lighter and portable, friendly, and easy to manoeuvre. Cast aluminium chimineas can use both gas and wood as their fuel. Lastly, they are available in both wood and gas burning and options.
Size is another factor that you should always consider when choosing your preferred chiminea. Bear in mind that you should always consider your available space and use it when shopping for one. If you’re looking for a chiminea that will ensure you enjoy a cosy autumn evening, then any chiminea on our list fits your needs.
However, if you’re looking for ideal chimineas for hosting a BBQ, you should consider the size of the fire pits/stoves.
For this case, you should settle for one that comes with a cooking grate as standard. Or consider one that comes with a spacious opening that allows you to fit one effortlessly. Moreover, go for one that is quite deep to accommodate the amount of fuel needed to prepare food efficiently.
When shopping for a chiminea, it’s always essential to consider its safety features. This limits the risk of injury, especially if you have children and pets.
Some of the safety features include a spark guard- Which helps keep both curious animals and kids away from the flames. Also, a fireguard prevents any accidental fires from occurring. Compared to a metal chiminea, a clay chiminea is ideal for households with children and pets since its outer cover doesn’t become searing hot when used.
Most chimineas use wood as their primary fuel. However, some more modern versions run on natural gas and liquid propane. However, checking the user manual and manufacturer recommendations on the fuel type that sits well with your preferred chiminea model is always essential.
Well, that’s it for our chiminea reviews. Please note that every chiminea of our above list will make your patio or garden a great addition. However, if we had to pick an overall winner for the best chiminea in the UK, we would settle for our editors’ choice, the Log-Barn Black Steel Firepit.
The steel chiminea boasts a poker that helps one move the logs around once they have burnt down. Moreover, another great addition to this chiminea is that it comes with a flue pipe. You can use the flue pipe and the flame from this outdoor equipment to roast marshmallows.
Nicole has a passion for everything about the home – especially decor. She loves to add new touches and style to every part of the house. Join her as she documents her ideas at Home & Style.