Last Updated on March 1, 2022
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Mini Fridges
- Russell Hobbs RHGWC1B (Editor’s Choice)
- Russell Hobbs RH55UCLF4 (Luxury Choice)
- AstroAI 4 Litres (Best Value)
- Inventor Vino (Best for Wine)
- Russell Hobbs RHTTLF1B (Best Countertop)
- Subcold Ultra 6 (Best for Travels)
- 15-Litre Capacity in Black (Best Plug-In)
- Subcold Super50 LED (Best for Bedroom)
- Igenix IG6711 (Best with Freezer Compartment)
- Cookology 46 Litres (Best for Office)
Discover the best mini fridge in the UK to keep your drinks and food cold at home, in the office or the car. It is created with a compact design in mind. Most mini-fridges are perfect for storing in small areas and provide extra space for your goodies. Please take a look at our selections in this article.
Discover the best mini fridges on the market with our diverse list below. Whether you’re looking for a mini-fridge for bedroom use, a large mini-fridge to use in the kitchen or one with an impressive energy rating, there’s plenty of choice from the products below.
How We Compared Mini Fridges
To find the right mini fridges we considered multiple factors including:
- Keeps Food Cool
- Ample Space
- Freezer Section
- Reversible Door
- Energy Consumption
Our team independently examined and compared hundreds of products to help satisfy different needs. We spent our time researching mini fridges and consulting customer reviews to ultimately bring you what, in our opinion, are the best options on the market right now.
To find out more about our editorial process, take a look here.
Mini Fridge Reviews
First on our list is the Russell Hobbs RHGWC1B. This is the best mini fridge in the UK for many reasons.
With a net capacity of 46 litres, it can hold 12 bottles. Best of all, it includes two chrome shelves and one chrome rack to organise storing your bottles to maximise the internal space.
It’s also an energy-efficient fridge to keep your energy bills down while keeping your beverages cool. Furthermore, it’s equipped with a tabletop wine and drinks cooler ideal for storing cans and bottles.
On the other hand, this mini fridge is quite wide and not tall, which might take up a lot of floor or countertop space. It also might not include any LED lighting for a comforting appearance.
- Energy-efficient design to prevent a large energy bill
- Can hold 12 bottles
- Suitable for holding bottles and cans
- Includes two chrome shelves and one chrome rack
- Maximises space to help you easily locate your drink of choice
- Its design might be too wide for some countertop spaces
- It might not include an LED lighting
Store your food and drinks in style with this under-the-counter fridge. It offers a 131-litre capacity to store up to seven bags of food shopping within a slim, spacious fridge.
Best of all, it’s energy-efficient with an A+ energy rating to keep your energy costs low and to minimise your carbon footprint. Another great feature of this mini fridge is the included adjustable thermostat to keep you in control. It also has adjustable feet, making it an excellent option for uneven surfaces.
On the other hand, it might not be suitable if you’re looking for a mini-fridge to hold just bottles and cans due to its internal storage space and available racks. It might also require 30 cm clearance above the fridge, which means your countertops might need to be relatively high up.
- Boasts a 131-litre capacity
- It uses little energy
- Includes an adjustable thermostat
- Has adjustable feet, which is ideal for uneven surfaces
- Suitable for storing food and has shelves for bottles
- It might not be suitable solely for storing bottles and cans
- You may need 30 cm above the fridge under your cupboards
Spend your money wisely with the best cool mini-fridge, the AstroaAI 4 Litres!
It offers a 4-litre capacity to store six standard-sized 330 ml cans conveniently. Best of all, it includes a removable shelf to accommodate smaller items like skincare, fruit or yoghurt.
Get more space for your food and drinks on the road with this mini-fridge. Offering AC/DC adapters and 12V cigarette lighters, you can use your vehicle to power this fridge on the go.
Additionally, this cheap mini fridge cools up to 18°C below ambient temperature, or it can keep warm up to 66°C.
It’s worth noting that this cheap mini fridge might not be best for storing food and drinks in large quantities. In addition, it might not cool drinks as quickly as other fridges.
- Includes a removable shelf for customisation
- Option of plugging into cigarette lighters to charge on the go
- Cools contents quickly and efficiently
- Great for taking on the road for trips
- Compact design fits into an abundance of places
- It may be not ideal for storing large quantities of food and drink
- It might not cool drinks as quickly as other mini fridges
Keep wine bottles at the perfect temperature with the Inventor Vino mini-fridge.
Operating at just 42 dB, it offers low noise functionality not to disturb anyone. So you can keep it in the bedroom without it waking anyone.
It’s an energy-efficient mini fridge for optimum energy-saving and includes a modern design with a glass door that protects against solar radiation. In addition, it boasts a digital temperature control from 5ºC to 18ºC to give you plenty of control.
On the other hand, this mini fridge might have too much space at the bottom, which could be an additional wine rack. Plus, the description mentions that it can hold up to 24 bottles, but this might not be the case with the average-size bottle.
- Operates at a low volume
- The glass door protects content against solar radiation
- Includes an adjustable, digital temperature control
- It has an internal LED light for a luxury feel
- Energy-efficient design to save you money on your energy bills
- The bottom shelf could be used as an additional rack for wine
- It might not hold 24 bottles
This countertop mini fridge boasts a 43-litre capacity, enabling you to fit an array of food and drink inside. It also includes a door bottle rack so that you can store bottles in the fridge too.
Customise this tabletop fridge to suit your needs, thanks to the removable wire shelf. This is great for storing whatever ingredients you need. Moreover, an impression of this mini fridge is the generous height that lets you store a tall bottle on the side shelf.
Speaking of customisation, you can easily adjust this fridge’s temperature to suit the contents of your fridge.
On the other hand, this small fridge might not have a great energy rating compared to other mini-fridges on this list. Plus, it might not include a light inside.
- It has a generous 43-litre capacity
- Includes a combination of shelves and a door bottle rack
- It comes with a removable wire shelf
- Includes an easily adjustable thermostat control
- Conveniently fits on your countertop, thanks to its short design
- Energy efficiency might not be as great as other options
- It might not include an internal light
This miniature fridge makes the perfect travel fridge. It can hold up to eight 330 ml cans and is ideal for storing enough space to keep food cold with a six-litre capacity.
Furthermore, it’s one of the best mini fridges for displaying virtually anywhere. That’s because it includes a 230-volt mains power plug and a USB power lead, giving you an array of options to store it on your desk, in the kitchen, in the bedroom and more places.
However, you might not be able to connect it to your car cigarette lighter. Plus, its six-litre capacity might not be much space if you have a range of foods and drinks you plan to keep cool.
- Its mini design makes it great for taking it on the go
- Versatile connection to store it in an array of places
- Has a temperature range between 45-65°C
- A high-grade fan motor keeps it quiet during use
- Easy-grab handle is convenient and ergonomic
- It might not be compatible with a car cigarette lighter
- It might not have enough storage space
This plug-in mini-fridge holds around 16 cans and has a thermoelectric cooler and warmer while featuring a cooling function that maintains cold snacks and beverages.
Furthermore, this tiny fridge is ideal for storing in various places, thanks to the supplied DC power cord. So you can keep it in the guest room, car, caravan, home, boat and anywhere else that you need to keep drinks cold.
Most impressively, this compact fridge has both a cooling and warming option, so you can keep drinks cold while keeping snacks warm.
On the other hand, this compact fridge’s door might not always click into place. Plus, ice might easily form on the back of this fridge.
- It holds around 16 cans
- It has a generous 15-litre capacity
- Keeps food and drink consistently cold
- Supplied DC power cord allows you to store it virtually anywhere
- It has both a cooling and a warming function
- Its door might not always click into place
- Ice might easily form on the back of this mini fridge
The Subcold Super50 LED can also be the best mini fridge in the UK for various reasons.
This mini fridge for bedroom use requires very little energy consumption and operates at only 42 dB, making it suitable to continue powering while you’re sleeping. Because of this, it’s also a great mini fridge for office storage.
It is designed with advanced Compressor Cooling technology. This mini-fridge is great for chilling drinks and food at a consistent temperature. It also has a temperature range of 3–18°C, which is easily adjustable.
With that being said, this mini fridge might not come with a car plug. It also might not be lightweight enough for taking on the go.
- Quiet use
- Very little energy consumption
- Adjustable temperature range
- Consistently keeps drinks cold
- It has a high-grade safety, lockable door
- It might not include a car adapter for transporting
- It may be heavier than most mini-fridges on this list
This mini fridge freezer offers freezer space, making it great for storing frozen food.
Best of all, this mini fridge includes a lockable door, so you can keep little ones away from accessing it. It sports a 47-litre capacity with 46 litres for the fridge and has a lightweight, compact design that makes this the ideal fridge to store drinks and food at home or in the office.
However, this compact fridge might not have a carry handle, and the freezer might leak some water slightly.
- Includes a freezer section for storing both food and drinks
- Features a lockable door
- Includes two shelves for organising food
- It contains storage for an icebox
- It offers a generous 47-litre capacity
- It might not have a carry handle for taking on the go
- The freezer might leak some water, occasionally
This 46-litre refrigerator makes the perfect solution to storing and keeping sandwiches and drinks cool at work. It includes two shelves and a door rack to separate and organise your food while allowing you to keep opened bottles upright.
Best of all, this mini fridge includes a freezer compartment, which, although it might be small, is excellent for holding frozen goods.
On the other hand, this 46-litre mini-fridge might not include adjustable temperature control. Also, it might be noisier in operation compared to other tiny fridges.
- It has a generous 46-litre capacity
- It contains a combination of shelves and racks
- Includes a freezer compartment
- Features two shelves
- Sleek design
- It might not include adjustable temperature control
- It might be noisier than other tiny fridges
What to Consider When Choosing the Perfect Mini Fridge
Discover the best mini fridge for you by sifting through these important factors.
Keeps Food Cool
The most important factor is that your novelty mini fridge keeps food and drinks cold. This requires having an ambient temperature range that reaches a cold temperature. You might also want to consider choosing an adjustable control that you can alter.
Your portable mini fridge must contain enough room to store drinks and perishable foods. A basic mini fridge will have around a 40-litre capacity, but consider if you might need extra space for extra food.
Like the idea of your mini fridge having freezer space? Then look for a freezer section in your portable mini-fridge. This proves beneficial to use as extra storage in your kitchen. You might also want to consider an ice tray section, which is great if you enjoy making cocktails or like your beverages to be super cold.
Moreover, consider the ratio of the fridge to the freezer. Most fridges will only have a small space for the freezer, but you can purchase a mini-fridge with a larger freezer section.
This factor isn’t necessary, but a reversible door can come in useful if you want to switch the door’s direction—particularly in environments where you have little space and are more restricted.
The last thing you want is your mini-fridge to drain your bank account each time you use it completely. Ideally, consider a unit with an A+ rating to keep your energy costs down.
Not all mini fridges connect to a power outlet; some can connect to your car to use your vehicle’s battery or have a USB connection to connect to your laptop in the office. Although having various options always seems ideal, you’ll only need this diversity if you plan to take your fridge in the car or store it on your desk.
Finally, if you plan to keep your mini-fridge in the office or the bedroom, it must run quietly. A loud fridge will disturb you and others, so consider the decibels (around 40–45 dB is best for quiet operation). Anything louder, and you risk your fridge annoying you and your co-workers.
Our Final Choice
We hope you enjoyed our best mini fridge reviews and have a better understanding of factors to consider. If we have to choose, we think that the best mini fridge in the UK is the Russell Hobbs RHGWC1B. This mini fridge has a compact design and features wire shelves that fit 12 bottles/cans. It also offers excellent energy efficiency to keep your bills down.
Do you know the best portable mini-fridge? Share your recommendations by leaving a comment below.
Nicole has a passion for everything about the home – especially decor. She loves to add new touches and style to every part of the house. Join her as she documents her ideas at Home & Style.