Last Updated on February 15, 2022
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Cordless Drills
- BLACK+DECKER BDCHD18KB-GB (Editor’s Choice)
- Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 (Luxury Choice)
- Terratek 13Pc (Best Value)
- MYLEK MY18VCB 18V (Best with LED Light)
- Ryobi R18PD3-215GZ 18 V ONE+ (Best with Starter Kit)
- Terratek Driver 89 Set 18V/20V (Best with Accessory Kit)
- Hyundai 18V Li-Ion (Best Rechargeable)
- Faxamol 21v Combi
- MYLEK 18V (Best with Quick-Stop Function)
- Lomvum 20V 8720T
While plenty of today’s tools run on powerful and long-lasting batteries, cordless combi drillers are no exception. They offer flexibility and a range of movements when it comes to tackling various projects.
However, with the wide variety of cordless combi drills in the market, settling for the best can be daunting. But worry not, we have done your homework and compiled a list of the ten best Cordless drills UK stores have to offer. So, read on!
How We Compared Cordless Drills
To find the right cordless drills we considered multiple factors including:
- Battery Life
- Clutch and Torque
- Speed Range Switch
- Comfort and Design
Our team independently examined and compared hundreds of products to help satisfy different needs. We spent our time researching cordless drills and consulting customer reviews to ultimately bring you what, in our opinion, are the best options on the market right now.
To find out more about our editorial process, take a look here.
Cordless Drill Reviews
If you’re looking for the best cordless drill that can replace your wired electric drill, then the BLACK+DECKER BDCHD18KB-GB cordless combi drill is an excellent choice. Not only does it boast an all-metal motor and gearbox, but also it has an outstanding performance, and it can withstand the test of time.
So, whether you want to drill holes in masonry or plasterboard, this cordless combi drill should be your go-to option. It comes with ten torque settings, drill and hammer drill functions. It’s noteworthy to mention that it delivers 2100 BPM for hammer drilling and 1- 1400 RPM variable speed for screw driving and drilling applications.
It also has a lightweight and compact design that makes it easy to use even in confined spaces. Its LED work light also allows it to be used in hard-to-see areas. This cordless combi-power drill also comes with two lithium-ion batteries that offer one the flexibility to tackle long projects easily.
- It features a double lithium-ion battery set for handling larger projects
- The included ten torque settings enhances precise screw driving and speed variation settings
- The LED light function makes it ideal when working in poorly lit areas
- A gearbox and an all-metal motor feature for outstanding performance and durability
- It’s easy to use thanks to its lightweight and compact design
- Charging the lithium-ion battery might take quite a more extended period
- The keyless chuck might become stuck or locked
- The sliding switch might be accidentally pushed in either direction when in use
Compact and handy are terms that best describe the Bosch PSB LI-2 Cordless Combi drill. This cordless drill boasts a two-speed gearbox, 20 pre-selectable torques, and impact drill settings. It also uses Bosch’s Syneon chip technology to ensure optimum power and maximum endurance regardless of the task.
This lightweight cordless drill uses the latest 18-volt battery system that allows one to have plenty of running time and a quick 1-hour recharge.
The Bosch PSB LI-2 Cordless Combi drill also has a keyless chuck with a bosch auto-lock system that makes changing the drill bits a breeze.
Furthermore, this drill comes with a double screwdriver, a plastic case, an AL 215 CV charger, and two PBA 18V 1.5Ah V-A battery packs. Bear in mind that low weight and compact size makes it one of the handiest cordless combi drills.
- Fast-changing of drill bits can be done by hand thanks to its Bosch Auto-lock system
- It comes with a powerful lithium-ion battery plus a spare
- A 20 torque settings feature, impact drill, and hammer drill functions are included
- It features a Bosch Syneon Chip that intelligently controls energy levels
- A built-in LED Light feature enhancing drilling focus
- It might lack enough power to drill tougher jobs
- It might lack some essential accessories
- Driving of longer screws might be quite challenging
If you are looking for a cordless drill driver that sits well with light DIY jobs, then the Terratek 13Pc Cordless Drill is an ideal choice. This versatile combi drill boasts an ergonomic soft-grip handle that is comfortable to use for longer periods.
Moreover, it comes with a simple trigger finger that has variable speed settings. And it can operate in both forward and reverse at a maximum no-load speed of 650 rpm. Its 16 different torque settings allow one to perform various drilling tasks.
This cordless drill comes with a basic kit with 13 different accessories, including standard drill bits, four screwdriver attachments, and magnet holders.
With a total weight of 1kg, this lightweight combi drill can be used for longer periods without straining one’s arm.
On the downside, this cordless drill may not sit well with tough materials, and one may also be required to buy a spare battery since it doesn’t have long battery life.
- It features 16 different torque settings
- Ideal for both first time DIY users and experienced craftsmen
- Easy to use thanks to its lightweight and comfortable ergonomic design handles
- It features a variable speed pressure trigger system for faster withdrawal of screws
- A built-in LED work light is included
- It might lack high-quality drill bits
- It might lack a fully charged indicator compared to other power tools
- Separate purchase of a spare battery might be required
Simple and effective are words that best describe the MYLEK 18V Cordless Drill. Its compact and lightweight nature makes it suitable for basic DIY tasks. Not only does it boast a detachable battery pack for easy charging, but also, the batteries don’t lose power when it’s not used.
It also comes with a variable control trigger that can be controlled up to a no-load speed of 700 rpm and 20NM in power. Its forward and reverse switch allows one to switch between screwing, drilling, and removing screws swiftly.
The MYLEK 18V Cordless Drill also features a light indicator that informs one when the battery is due to charge. Moreover, it has a powerful LED work-light that allows one to work in dark or hard-to-see areas.
Its 18+1 torque gives the user greater control while drilling materials like plastic, metal, wood, and other types of materials. With that being said, please note that this combi drill driver may not sit well with heavy-duty DIY jobs due to its light design.
- It is equipped with an advanced Lithium-ion battery
- It features a variable speed control system
- An LED battery life indicator is included
- Installed with an Anti-shock body protection moulding feature
- It features a powerful LED work light for hard to see areas
- The included accessories might not be of high quality
- It might lack a hammer drill function
- A spare battery might be purchased separately
Next up on our best cordless combi drill reviews is the Ryobi R18PD3-215GZ 18 V ONE+. This powerful cordless drill features screw driving, drilling, and hammer drilling. With this cordless combi drill, you will be able to accomplish various tasks as it can be used to drill wood, metal, plastic, and masonry.
With a 2-speed gearbox that delivers 500-800 rpm and up to 50Nm of torque, this cordless drilling machine provides one with a smooth drilling experience.
The Ryobi R18PD3-215GZ 18 V ONE+ cordless drill features an LED work light, two-1.5Ah lithium-ion batteries, a charger, and various accessories.
On the flip side, this cordless combi drill driver has a long charging time and a short battery life despite having two batteries. Furthermore, you should also note that it may not come with a carrying case.
- It features an integrated bit storage clip
- It comes with a hammer drill mode
- Control level is customized while drilling thanks to its two-speed gearbox
- It includes a 24-torque settings function for smooth drilling applications
- It is equipped with an automatic spindle for single-handed bit changes
- Charging might take quite a longer duration
- It might lack a carry case
- It might have a shorter battery life
If you’re looking for the best cordless combi drill that boasts versatility, then the Terratek Driver 89 Set 18V/20V-Max Li-Ion is an ideal choice. This 18V drill driver comes with 16 different torque settings ideal for drilling wood, metals, and other materials.
Powered by a powerful Li-ion battery, this combi drill driver is equipped with a variable speed pressure trigger with a no-load speed of 650 rpm. The Terratek Driver 89 Set 18V/20V-Max Li-Ion offers both control and power with its soft-grip handle and ergonomic design.
It also comes with an LED work light, a simple keyless chuck, and an 89pc drill set kit. Not only is this screwdriver ideal for professional artisans, but also it can be used by novice users.
On the downside, the lack of a hammer function on this combi drill may not sit well with some users. Furthermore, users may find a hard time when using it on materials such as metal or bricks.
- Switching between drilling holes and withdrawing of screws is made a breeze thanks to the variable speed pressure trigger
- The ergonomic design offers optimal drilling flexibility experience
- It comes in a carry case for easy accessories storage
- It features a keyless chuck
- It offers ideal maximum torque settings for a wide range of material
- It might lack a hammer function
- Some users might be required to purchase a spare battery
- It might not be quite powerful for drilling metal
Powered by an 18V lithium-ion 1500mAh rechargeable battery, the Hyundai 18V Li-Ion Cordless Drill boasts performance and durability. With a compact and lightweight design of just 1.4kg, this drill driver is easy to use for more extended periods. And it can be transported and stored easily.
It features a keyless chuck that allows one to change drill bits swiftly when drilling. The LED work light on this drill driver is used for precise drilling in hard-to-see areas. Furthermore, it comes equipped with a 20+1 torque, variable speed trigger control, and a reverse function for inserting and removing screws.
The Hyundai 18V Li-Ion Cordless Drill comes with an 89-piece drill bit and accessories set in a hand carry case that has everything a DIY enthusiast needs to get the job done.
- Changing the drill bit is a breeze, thanks to the keyless chuck feature
- It comes with a lightweight carry box for accessories
- The ergonomic design makes it highly versatile
- It includes specially developed air inlets hence optimum motor cooling
- The 2-speed gearbox and reverse speed trigger system that ensures complete drilling control
- Charging might be pretty slow
- It might lack a hammer drill function
- A spare battery might be purchased separately
If you’re looking for a cordless drill driver that comes with three working modes-screwing, drilling, and hammer drilling, then the Faxamol Cordless Drill Driver is an ideal pick. Not only does it have a hammer function that can increase your work efficiency. But also, it comes with a 42Nm maximum torque.
The Faxamol cordless drill driver can function in two different speed ranges, allowing the optimum power needed. Furthermore, this cordless impact driver comes with 25 torque positions for chuck selection, thus providing the user with a more accurate operation for drilling and screwing.
It also boasts of a durable large-capacity battery that provides one with lengthy working periods. And the drill also has a 1.5-hour fast charger. Moreover, this cordless combi drill comes with a comfortable, balanced, soft-grip handle that makes the drilling a breeze. It also has a belt clip that makes it more convenient and easy to reach when in use.
- It has an auto-lock chuck feature to enhance a faster bit change process
- It comes with durable and fast-charging batteries
- The three selectable modes offer a more accurate drilling experience
- It provides a soft grip and a comfortable balance when drilling
- This cordless combi drill can be used for hammer drilling
- The charger might be of poor quality
- It might overheat after some time
- The chuck might become loose
The MYLEK 18V cordless combi drill is another excellent choice if you’re looking for a powerful and versatile handheld drill. Powered by a 1300mAh Li-ion battery, this cordless combi drill comes with a two-speed gearbox that drills effortlessly through wood, plastic, and metal.
This cordless combi drill comes with a variable speed control trigger and a unique electric safety brake system. Moreover, the 19 torque settings on this electric combi drill make drilling a breeze.
It’s important to mention that the first gear on this cordless combi drill provides greater torque and control. At the same time, the second one offers greater speed.
The MYLEK 18V cordless combi drill boasts a soft-grip handle that makes handling this drill easy and comfortable. Did we mention that changing drill bits on this cordless combi drill is child’s play?
However, it’s noteworthy to mention that the drill bits that come with this combi drill may not be of the highest quality. And its instructional manual may not sit well with novice users.
- It features lithium-ion batteries
- It includes a powerful LED work light for working in poorly lit areas
- It comes with a carry case plus 13 accessories
- Ideal for both DIY and professional drilling projects
- It features variable speed control and a unique electric safety brake system for smooth drilling
- It might lack high-quality bits
- Some users might find the instructions to be relatively shallow
- A spare battery might not be included
If you’re looking for the best budget cordless drill with three working modes, then the Lomvum 20V Cordless Impact Drill is your go-to option. Not only does it boast of a variable switch that allows the smooth pilot and rapid drilling. But also, it comes with a drill, screwdriver, and hammer action function.
With two gear options, this cordless impact driver allows high and low drilling speeds. The hammer function on this cordless driller also allows one to break through tougher materials. Bear in mind that this cordless impact drill can also be adjusted to deliver the optimum power output you may require for different drilling or screwing tasks.
It’s noteworthy to mention, this option offers optimum mobility and handling thanks to its anti-slip rubber cover handle. It also has a reversing putter button that allows one to operate it using one hand.
Lastly, the Lomvum 20V Cordless Impact Drill comes with a compact case with 27 accessories, a universal flexible shaft, a waist bag, and others.
- It features an Anti-slip rubber covered handle for a comfortable, stable grip
- Ideal for handling DIY household repairs thanks to its optimal mobility
- It comes with a hammer action mode
- It can be used on a wide range of tough materials with ease
- The 2-gear function design offers different drilling speeds
- The charger might overheat over some time
- The chuck might not remain tightened during some drilling applications
- Some users might find the drill to be quite noisy
What to Look For When Buying a Cordless Drill
Here are some of the factors you should consider when shopping for a cordless drill.
When shopping for a cordless drill, the essential thing to consider is the battery life of the appliance. Always look for the amp hour rating when comparing different battery runtime options. Bear in mind, more amp hours and volts combine to provide the user with longer usage times.
On that note, remember that battery types tend to determine the weight of the drill since they are generally the heaviest part. However, with the unending technology, some cordless drills come with lighter batteries with a longer running time.
It’s noteworthy to mention that lithium batteries tend to have a longer life span when compared to Ni-Cad batteries. Furthermore, they tend to have a steep price tag, but they usually make it up for productivity.
Whether you’re looking for a cordless drill for your DIY projects or professional tasks, it’s always essential to consider its voltage. The voltage of a cordless drill is usually depicted from its batteries. Keep in mind that cordless drills with batteries with 10.8 to 18 volts are ideal for household repairs and minor construction drilling.
Bear in mind that the higher the voltage on your appliance, the greater the torque and power on your appliance. Moreover, it’s always advisable to settle for a cordless drill with two batteries instead of one. Well, who doesn’t like a spare?
When shopping for cordless drills, always consider the type of charger it comes with since there are two types of chargers for cordless drills, a slow and a rapid charger. Keep in mind that fast chargers tend to charge these power tools quickly when compared to slow chargers.
On the other hand, smart chargers for cordless drills have started to hit the market. These chargers come with indicators used to track the charging process, and they can turn themselves off when the power tool is fully charged. Smart chargers are ideal for users who prefer to leave the batteries unattended while charging. Moreover, smart chargers can help preserve the life of a battery.
Clutch and torque
The twisting force of a drill when it’s in use is measured as torque. Torque is used to determine how powerful drills are typical, and the battery voltage correlates to the torque. This simply means the higher the battery voltage, the higher the torque and vice-versa.
On the other hand, the clutch plays a vital role since the higher the number of settings on your drill driver, the greater the drilling depth control. This not only helps in minimizing screw strips but also protects the motor.
It’s important to note that the higher the number of clutch settings, the more versatile the cordless drill is. Furthermore, cordless drills with adjustable clutches tend to have variable speeds. This, in turn, adds versatility when it comes to drillings different types of materials when using different bits.
Bear in mind that the gearbox determines the torque and speed that is delivered to the chuck. Plus, most cordless drills only come with one gear, but some models may have two to three gears depending on the acceleration ranges they offer.
Speed range switch
The ability to switch between low and high moments when using a cordless drill is caused by a speed range switch. Bear in mind that cordless drills that come with a wide range give the user a wide variety of options when selecting different speeds.
Furthermore, the speed range of cordless drills varies from 300 rpm to 1000 rpm. However, other drills may have a higher rpm. So when selecting the best cordless drill for your drilling needs, note that it’s advisable to settle for a faster power tool if you have a lot of drilling to do.
Comfort and design
Comfort and design are factors that should be considered when selecting any cordless drill. Not only should you settle for a cordless drill that has an ergonomic handle but also go for one that fits comfortably in your hand.
So when shopping for a cordless drill, ensure that you examine the texture and contour of the handgrip position and size of the trigger.
Check if the trigger features variable speeds and a forward and reverse switch. If they do, examine how easy you can manoeuvre your thumb and trigger finger while using it.
It’s noteworthy to mention that drills with auxiliary handles make balancing the equipment easier when drilling.
On the flip side, if you are looking for a cordless impact drill that can perform heavy drilling, it’s always advisable to settle for one that has a side handle as it will provide you with more stability and control.
When shopping for a drilling machine, please note that weight normally trades off with battery life. The more powerful the cordless drill, the heavier it is. However, drills with the new light batteries are also powerful, but the weight doesn’t increase as much.
So always consider the type of drilling work you will be conducting and the amount of time you will be using the drill when deciding which cordless drill suits your demands best.
While extra accessories may not be essential when shopping for a cordless drill, it’s always advisable to factor them in when shopping. Not only can they help speed up different projects, but also they can make drilling more efficient.
It’s wise to settle for drills that come with inbuilt storage areas or magnetic trays that help keep your supplies nearby when working. Drills that come with a carrying case make their storage and transportation easy.
Always look out for drills and drivers that come with bit sets, charging bases and extra batteries.
What Is the Difference Between a Cordless Combi Drill and a Drill Driver?
When shopping for the best cordless drills, you will likely come across two types of cordless drills: combi and drill drivers. But the question is, which one is the best cordless drill?
These are the most popular type of cordless drills. A cordless combi drill can be used for drilling, and it can allow you to drill into masonry if it has a hammer drill mode. Also, it comes with a driver mode that enables it to act as a screwdriver.
Drill drivers are generally used to drill into wood, and they can also be used as screwdrivers. However, it’s important to note that drill drivers are not ideal for drilling into masonry or hard materials since they don’t have the hammer mode action.
Please note that both the cordless combi drills and the drill drivers are less efficient than impact drivers. So if you’re looking forward to driving screws directly into the wood or any other impact drilling, we would suggest that you settle for an impact driver since it’s an able tool dedicated to heavy or bulk drilling jobs.
That is it for our best cordless drill reviews. Bear in mind that all the combi drills on our list are top picks. However, if we were to be just and pick an overall winner for the best cordless drill in the UK, we would settle for our editor’s choice, the BLACK+DECKER 18 V.
This compact two gear combi drill is ideal for screw driving, drilling, and hammer drill into metal wood and masonry. It’ has an all-metal motor and gearbox that delivers 21,00BPM for hammer drilling, and the 0-1 400 RPM variable speeds can be used for drilling and screw driving.
Lastly, it has a keyless chuck that makes bits changing fast and easy.
Nicole has a passion for everything about the home – especially decor. She loves to add new touches and style to every part of the house. Join her as she documents her ideas at Home & Style.