Last Updated on December 28, 2021
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Best Memory Foam Pillows
- Panda Bamboo Luxury (Editor’s Choice)
- Tempur Comfort (Luxury Choice)
- Viewstar Neck Support (Best Value)
- Silentnight Microfibre White (Softest)
- BedStory Cooling Gel
- Ecosafeter Contour
- NOFFA Orthopedic
- UUQ Butterfly Orthopedic
- Dosleeps Pocket Spring
- Misiki Orthopedic
If you are looking for the best pillows, you would like to consider memory foam pillows as your first option. Their firm contouring nature makes them a great alternative compared to traditional down pillows. However, with so many options available, how do you determine the ideal memory foam pillow for your sleeping needs?
Well, bear in mind that when it comes down to shopping for memory foam pillows, you’re bound to be spoilt for choice. But, don’t worry, we have your back. We have compiled a detailed list of the ten best memory foam pillows in the UK. Read on!
Memory Foam Pillow Reviews
If you’re looking for the best memory foam pillow UK stores have to offer; then the Panda Bamboo luxury is an excellent choice. Not only does it boast a viscoelastic memory foam that provides excellent support and comfort, but it also features temperature-regulating technology that keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
The Pand Bamboo luxury memory foam pillow also comes with a breathable, antibacterial bamboo cover that is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant. Moreover, it’s worth mentioning that this pillow is ideal for both side and stomach sleepers as it helps support the head and keeps your head correctly aligned with the spine.
However, it is important to note that it might have a weird chemical smell that you might not like. Also, the pillow is not that flexible to cater to the different needs of users.
- Features a temperature regulator system
- Equipped with three layers of construction for a restful night sleep
- Includes a uniquely supportive third generation memory foam construction
- It comes with a highly breathable pillowslip that allows excellent airflow
- It can be suitable for side and stomach sleepers
- The peculiar chemical smell may not sit well with some users
- This pillow may not be adjustable to individual needs
- Some users may find this pillow to be relatively small
Next on our best memory foam pillow review is the Tempur Comfort memory foam pillow. This pillow comes with specially designed micro-cushions that give your head and neck excellent support. And also, it creates a proper spine alignment. Whether you’re sleeping on your back, side, or front, this pillow will give you a relaxed feeling and support for a night-long sleep.
This pillow is surprisingly soft when compared to other memory foam pillows. At the same time, please note that the outer cover is machine washable.
However, some common complaint has been the need for regular fluffing as the Tempur particles may stick together and create uncomfortable dips.
- It comes with an easy zip-off fabric cover that is machine washable
- It is ideal for all sleeping positions
- Offers optimal support for a great night sleep
- Features specially designed micro-cushions
- It can easily fit into a standard pillowcase
- This pillow may require regular shaking and fluffing
- Some users may find this pillow to be quite soft
- Tempur particles may stick together and create uncomfortable dips
The Viewstar memory foam pillow is one of the best memory foam pillows on the market. Not only does it boast of an ergonomic shape that is designed to promote proper spine alignment but also it conforms to your head and neck, improving your sleeping experience.
That being said, it’s worth mentioning that this pillow is resistant to dust mites and bacteria. Moreover, it comes with an inner dustproof cover that can maximize the lifeline of the pillow’s core. And a removable machine washable cover that is easy to clean.
So, if you’re looking for the right pillow that sits well with stomach, back, and side sleepers, then the Viewstar memory foam pillow should be your go-to option.
Meanwhile, please note that some users find this pillow to be quite small. Also, it has a certain odour that you might find too overwhelming.
- Features a unique ergonomic design
- Dust mite resistant
- It comes with a washable removable pillow slip
- Improves the users sleeping experience
- The outer cover offers air circulation for relaxed and healthy sleeping positions
- Some users may find this pillow to be relatively small
- This pillow may be too firm for some users
- Some users might find the odour to be quite strong3
If you’re in the market for the softest memory foam pillow ideal for side and back sleepers, then the Silentnight memory foam pillow is a great choice. This pillow is made with cuddly hollow fibre and soft microfiber that ensures the pillow is super supportive and comfortable.
Furthermore, please note that this pillow is ideally recommended for back and side sleepers. Since it contours to the head and neck of the user to provide relief from back and shoulder pain.
That being said, it’s worth mentioning that the Silentnight memory foam pillow can fit into all standard-size pillowcases. And it can also be used by allergy suffers since its hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
Unfortunately, it has some disadvantages. Some find this pillow too noisy and becomes less durable after using it for an extended time.
- It is ideal for back and side sleepers
- It comes with personalized comfort that moulds to the contours of your head
- comes with a two-year guarantee
- This traditional memory foam is hypoallergenic
- Can fit in standard size pillowcases
- Some may find this pillow to be quite crunchy and noisy
- This pillow may not withstand the test of time
- Some users may find the smell of chemicals to be a nuisance
Compared to other pillows, the BedStory memory foam pillow is ideal for persons who suffer from pains, aches, and pressure points in their necks. Not only does it come with a cooling gel-infused memory foam that promotes excellent airflow, but it prevents one from overheating and sweating while sleeping. But also, it provides superb support to your shoulder, neck, and upper back throughout the night.
That being said, it’s noteworthy to mention that this pillow is equipped with a unique 3D pattern design and can retain its shape for a long time. Moreover, this product is CertiPUR-US, and OEKO-TEX certified for enhanced durability.
Last but not least, the BedStory memory foam pillow comes removable and washable pillowslip that is easy to clean.
Meanwhile, some users claim that this pillow tends to flatten rather quickly. Also, some find it to be too small and soft.
- Features a unique 3D pattern design
- It is made of hypoallergenic materials for a healthy and good night’s sleep
- Equipped with a removable and washable cover
- Can provide efficient support throughout the night
- It comes with a breathable microfiber fabric
- Some users may find the odour of this pillow to be too strong
- This pillow may not offer enough support for some users as it flattens relatively quickly
- Some users might find this pillow to be too small and soft
If you’re looking for a deep sleep neck pillow that UK stores have to offer, then the Ecosafeter Contour memory foam pillow is an outstanding choice.
This pillow boasts of both inner and outer cover eco-friendly materials. It’s dustproof, and its unique breathable inner shell ensures an extended lifespan of the memory core. This high-density memory foam features a scientifically proven wave design that perfectly conforms to support the head, neck, and shoulders while you enjoy the right pillow. And it comes with a medium-firm feel that makes it suitable for all sleeping positions.
That being said, it’s noteworthy to mention that this pillow is recommended for spine alignment and pressure points relief. Furthermore, its outer removable cover is machine washable for maintaining fresh and clean pillows.
Unfortunately, this pillow has a strong odour, which might be bothering you. Also, some find it to be too small.
- The removable cover is machine washable
- Features a unique contour design for a medium-firm feel
- can be used to support spinal alignment
- Offers maximum comfort and support for all sleep styles
- This pillow can fit into a standard pillowcase
- Some users may find this pillow to be too low and too small
- The odour of this pillow may be pretty intense for some users
- Some users might find this pillow to be of low quality
If you’re in the market for an orthopaedic pillow designed for neck support, then NOFFA cervical pillow is an outstanding choice. This pillow boasts an ergonomic design that reduces the pressure near the head and neck and creates a relaxed environment for a good night’s sleep.
Compared to other memory foam pillows, the NOFFA orthopaedic pillow comes with two sides designed with different heights to suit your sleeping needs. This firm memory foam pillow comes with a hypoallergic cover that is dust mite resistant and fire-resistant.
Furthermore, it comes with a removable and washable pillowslip that is easy to clean since it’s washing machine-friendly.
However, please note that it has a strong odour. Also, if you are a front or side sleeper, this pillow might not be ideal for you.
- It comes with a removable and washable pillowslip
- Features an invisible zipper at the bottom
- Equipped with two-sided cushioning for optimal comfort
- It’s made of hypoallergenic materials for zero pressure sleep
- Has an ergonomic design to support the alignment of the spine
- Some users might find the odour to be relatively strong
- This pillow may not be suitable for front or side sleepers
- Some users may find this pillow to be quite soft
Are you tired of snoring and neck pain? If yes, then the ergonomically designed UUQ Memory Foam Pillow is a great choice. This pillow comes with a breathable surface that circulates airflow while facilitating temperature regulation to keep it cool. Moreover, it adapts according to the shape of your neck, which makes it ideal for side and back sleepers.
Not only does this butterfly-designed pillow boast of being hypoallergenic and antibacterial, but it’s also made of an all-natural material. This pillow is filled with 60 high-quality density foam with a medium hardness to ensure comfortable support while you enjoy your sleep. It’s noteworthy to mention that the pillowcase is machine washable. And it’s an excellent health care gift.
Unfortunately, some users find this pillow to be too firm. Also, it may not sit well with front sleepers.
- Features an ergonomic design that adapts to your neck contour for a good night’s sleep
- It offers a unique butterfly design that is ideal for side and back sleepers
- Equipped with high-quality memory foam to ensure comfortable support
- It has air holes to keep the pillow cool while you sleep
- It comes with a hypoallergenic pillowcase
- Some users may find it to be too firm
- This pillow may not be suitable for front sleepers
- Some users might find this pillow to be quite uncomfortable
The Dosleeps Pocket Spring memory foam pillow is designed to support the neck, head, and shoulders. This pillow comes with a bounce-back guarantee that makes it ideal for back, side, pregnant to stomach sleepers.
Not only does it boast moisture-wicking properties, but it also supports the body’s thermal regulation keeping your skin pleasantly cool and dry throughout the sleep.
This memory foam pillow from the Dosleeps brand is allergy-free and provides a protective barrier against dust mites, mould, and other bacteria. Moreover, the Dosleeps Pocket Spring pillow is a perfect fit for all standard beds and pillowcases. Furthermore, this luxury pillow comes with a set of two pillows.
However, it’s important to note that this pillow may lose its firm support after using it for a long time. Also, it comes with a weird odour, which might be too strong for you.
- Provides excellent support to the shoulders, neck, and head
- It has a Tencel cover that supports the body’s natural thermal regulating mechanism
- This spring pillow can fit into standard pillowcases
- Equipped with a barrier that protects it from dust and bacteria
- The bounce-back guarantee makes it suitable for side, stomach, pregnant or back sleepers
- Some users may find its smell to be too strong
- These pillows might flatten or lack firm support after some time
- Some users may find this pillow to be of poor quality
If you’re experiencing neck pain and excessive snoring, then the Misiki Orthopedic pillow is your ideal choice. Its ergonomic neck support design ensures support while sleeping, relaxing the neck pain and shoulder stiffness. This cervical memory foam pillow boasts a temperature sensing function that makes it suitable for a side and back sleeper. Moreover, it’s made with durable and resilient materials.
This Misiki Orthopedic memory foam pillow features a wedge extension part that supports the arms to reduce numbness and relieve pressure. However, it’s noteworthy to mention that you may experience a chemical odour after unpackaging. This odour is harmless to the human body and will fade after a few days. Lastly, this anti-snore pillow also comes with a removable easy to clean pillowcase.
On the other hand, please note that this pillow comes with a strong odour. Also, some find it to be too soft and therefore does not have enough support.
- Features an ergonomic design
- The butterfly-shaped contour makes it suitable for a back or a side sleeper
- It comes with a temperature sensing function that ensures a night-long sleep
- A concave pillow surface design that offers natural calming when turning over
- Equipped with a detachable easy to clean pillowcase
- This pillow may have a relatively strong odour
- Some users may find this pillow to be of low quality
- Some users might find the memory foam to be too soft and non-supportive
What to Look For in a Memory Foam Pillow
It’s with no doubt that when shopping for memory foam pillows, you’re bound to be spoilt for choice. Bear in mind that you will come across different types of memory foam pillows that have different features. However, here are essential factors that you should put into account when shopping for one.
Type of Memory Foam
Memory foam pillows come in two different types-shredded and one-piece. Shredded memory foam pillows can either contain 100% shredded memory foam and in some other cases, you can blend these pillows with other materials such as fibre fill or latex. Shredded memory foam pillows are ideal for persons not very familiar with their preferred loft and thickness. They also have better airflow when compared to their traditional counterparts.
On the flip side, one-piece memory foam pillows are usually made of a single solid block of memory foam that can come in various shapes. Many times, this pillow is tailored to mimic the curves of the head and neck. At the same time, some of them have a traditional pillow shape.
It’s worth mentioning that these types of pillows conform very closely, and they have a slower response to pressure. However, they usually return to their original shape once the head is lifted off them.
When selecting a memory foam pillow, it’s wise to consider the firmness level depending on your personal preference, body type, and sleeping style. Bear in mind. Most memory foam pillows are generally medium soft to medium. However, shredded pillows allow one to customize the firmness by either adding or removing the filling depending on your preference. At the same time, one-piece pillows have one firmness.
It’s worth mentioning that memory foam is a type of material that is bound to lose its bounce-back ability after some time. However, it’s always important to settle for a memory foam pillow that has a high-quality build. Bear in mind that the quality of the memory foam correlates to the price of the pillows.
When shopping for a memory foam pillow, it’s always essential to consider the type of cooling properties it comes with. Such properties include gel-infused products, open-cell technology or shredded foam. These properties help alleviate heat retention problems.
This is one factor that must be considered when selecting the best memory foam pillow. Bear in mind that thicker pillows are ideal for side sleepers, whereas the slimmer loft is typically recommended for stomach and back sleepers.
Memory foam pillows are known to be pressure relief companions. Since they conform to the head and neck, preventing any form of pressure points allows one to have a good night’s sleep. So, when selecting the best memory foam pillow.
When selecting a memory foam pillow, it’s wise to consider the height of the pillow. Not only will this ensure that your head and back are aligned, but also it will prevent neck pains. So, you can either settle for a solid foam pillow that allows you to adjust the loft by removing the inserts. Or you can opt for a shredded memory foam pillow.
On the other hand, you can settle for one that conforms to your head and neck without necessarily removing the inserts or the fillings of the pillow.
Are Memory Foam Pillows Better Than Traditional Down Pillows?
Yes. Like their mattresses, many memory foam pillows are designed to conform to your body’s shape constantly. This helps reduce pressure points from the head, neck, and shoulders and ensures that the spine is aligned when sleeping in any natural position.
Which Is the Better Pillow for Allergy Suffers?
If you’re looking to settle for a hypoallergenic pillow, then you should decide on one of the best memory foam pillows in the UK. Not only are they made with memory foam that is designed to fight allergens such as pollen and dust mites. But also, the best memory foam pillows are resistant to mould and bacteria. On the flip side, it’s noteworthy to mention that memory foam may not be ideal for persons who have sensitivities to chemical smells. However, you can initially air your new pillow before use.
Needless to mention that there are different outstanding memory foam pillows on this list. However, our choice for the best memory foam pillow in the UK goes to our editor’s choice, the Panda Bamboo Luxury.
This pillow boasts viscoelastic memory foam, temperature regulating technology and is also hypoallergenic. The Pand Bamboo luxury memory foam pillow also comes with a breathable, antibacterial bamboo cover that is hypoallergenic and dustmite resistant.